If I could turn back time

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 »

My car brand new 1.2 top of the range JULY 2020 Model F

Having been handed the new car with tyres all set to 40psi ( should be 31psi all round )and not realising I drove on that pressure for a month ( Assumed I just had to get used to the car)

I had a puncture which resulted in a new tyre having to be fitted ( new tyre was fitted and correctly inflated to 31 psi )
I Drove off

I now had 3 tyres at 40psi and 1 tyre at 31 the ride was evil so decided to check the tyre pressures myself and then I realised what the Vauxhall handover team had done .

Contacted the dealer about handing a car over with inflation that should only be used when the car is fully loaded and then only with the owners knowledge and at their discretion

The dealers advisor defended this tyre pressure as a normal thing to do at handover and went onto call this pressure an ECO setting

I explained the obvious that a fully loaded car with 4/5 people and their luggage would never turn up for a new car collection and that anyone with a drop of common sense wouldn't handover a car with this tyre pressure

( this is ongoing with the south coast dealership and head office have acknowledged that this should not have happened ( mistakes happen I know ) but this action was continually defended by the dealership advisor which of course raised alarm bells as to why just this dealership though it the correct thing to keep doing.

Sometimes the car goes into a frenzy when using the key fob to open the car causing the wing mirrors to go in/out /head lamp flashing/ alarm activated thus not allowing entry

Took 15 minutes to sort it out and quieten it down

Managed to get in using the main key within the fob start the car then turn off and everything was back to normal.
Seems to have a French electrical Virus :(

This has happened a few times and refuses to lock although all door/boot shut and engine is off

All in all this car is a pain and has many problems inc steering that wants to pull one way or another when it feels fit
Blind spot monitoring not working

Boot the accelerator from say 30mph ( auto 8 gear top model ) and it gets stuck in wrong gear that seems to be far to low and remains in that gear till you reduce speed ( awful noise and becomes gutless)

Ok from a standing start tho

Been back to the workshop as boot lid was off to one side and also for its recall to have the earth connections reground as side air bags could deploy at anytime :(

Lots of toys on this model many of which I switch off
Lane departure feature is awful
I personally hate cruise control

Love heated seats although the massage function is a joke as it feels like a kid in the back seat is lightly kicking you
No heated steering wheel on top spec Auto :( Strange)
Electric adjustable drivers seat is a great feature and is something I will be looking for in future cars
Car going back to the workshop and will update as things progress