Passenger door lights and other niggles

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
lstarkey86

Post by lstarkey86 »

Does anybody else’s passenger door lights (door bin and under door) not work? There is a hole where a bulb should be in the door but not light in there. Or is it just not meant to have one even the the drivers door does?

Also stop start never works they tried to fob me off and tell me I wasn’t driving far enough and that I shouldn’t have my air con or radio on for it to work but I drive 40 miles a day on the motorway.

And keyless entry is very intermittent.

Anyone else find any fixes?

paul04

Post by paul04 »

Quite a few people having issues with stop/start so your not on your own with that one, vauxhall are not interested in a fix, took mine in twice, 1st time they said I need to drive it more, second time I took it in they said they had to charge the battery, still not working, some people have taken there car in 3-4-5 times or more for stop/start and still not got a fix, they told one guy he had to drive it 30 miles a day for it to work.

My argument with them, stop/start worked fine on my last corsa E I had,
Its going in for its 1st service in a few weeks, told them stop/start still not working, lets see what excuse they have this time.
Jazzert100

Post by Jazzert100 »

The keyless entry on my car was very intermittent, sometimes it worked sometimes you were just left tugging at the door with nothing happening.
The other issue was the Aircon went a bit mad on a 500 mile journey to Weymouth, I set it to low and it went to hot and started blasting hot air out of the vents we had to put the windows down as it was so hot and pull over at the next services.
I did a factory reset and it seemed to fix things a bit it also set the Speedo to Kmh ,soon adjusted back to mph.
The aircon problem was still there but only if you selected LO if you set it to 14 degrees it blew cold air,LO still blew hot.
Anyway,I had the car connected to my 4G Mifi router left it in the car overnight switched on.
The following day the Aircon was working perfectly as it should,not only that but the Keyless entry now works without touching the handles,as you approach the car it unlocks and as you leave it beeps then locks.
Does everyone's Keyless work like that?
Ours certainly didn't!
Can someone tell me would the Corsa update Software automatically via the 4G mifi,because that seems to be the case as the unlock on approach and lock on departure never happened before.
I haven't checked what the Software version is yet but will try and post it later.
ges7

Post by ges7 »

Took my SRI Nav in for it's first service yesterday, told dealership my stop/start didn't work, fobbed off with, "your not doing enough miles" therefore battery is less than 85% charged. Pointed out that it didn't work when I drove the car off the forecourt 12 months ago. Also my petrol gauge reads only 3/4 full even when I completely fill it to the brim. Fobbed again. This present car is a replacement for my previous car that had the same faults, which they didn't resolve in more than six months. I can't believe that mine is the only Corsa F with these problems.
paul04

Post by paul04 »

ges7 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:11 am Took my SRI Nav in for it's first service yesterday, told dealership my stop/start didn't work, fobbed off with, "your not doing enough miles" therefore battery is less than 85% charged. Pointed out that it didn't work when I drove the car off the forecourt 12 months ago. Also my petrol gauge reads only 3/4 full even when I completely fill it to the brim. Fobbed again. This present car is a replacement for my previous car that had the same faults, which they didn't resolve in more than six months. I can't believe that mine is the only Corsa F with these problems.
Loads of people having issues with stop/start, but vauxhall will not admit there is a issue, they give everyone the same excuses,
I even fully charged my battery at home, and stop/start still would not work, so the battery was at 100%
I think its down to a sensor or software stopping from working.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post