Electrical issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
CorsaDriver17

Post by CorsaDriver17 »

Hi,

Has anyone seen any issues with the electrics in the Corsa-F? I have had my car a few weeks and have seen a lot of problems that are replicated on the courtesy car the dealership has given me while they investigate (don't know how they've not noticed them on their own car).

I've got:

A/C coming on nearly every time I start the car (annoying and no way to turn it off);
Blind spot indicator has never worked and I am on 70mph roads as well as city roads so it should have come on somewhere;
Auto-wipers have to be deactivated manually on startup to then be activated manually so that they will work during the drive (what's the point??);
Heated steering wheel isn't working properly;
Car went crazy when I exited and kept locking and unlocking - this is the one that's causing me the most concern to be honest.

It's not great craic that there seem to be daft issues that are impacting upon the functionality of the car, especially when I've driven other Vauxhalls with the same technology and this hasn't been how the same tech has functioned. If I buy a car with auto wipers, I expect them to automatically work if it rains, not to have to boost them manually to get them to work, for a start.

ges7

Post by ges7 »

A/C comes on every time I start my car, I press button and it goes off. Why does it come on by default?
I mentioned in an earlier post when the buttons for the A/C are pressed the LED lights up and the function is on which is what you would expect.
Whereas stop/start, lane guide, traction control and rear parking sensors, functions are off when the LED'S are illuminated. This doesn't make sense.
Finally fill car up with petrol, gauge reads 3/4 full. Taking car in tomorrow to check this out.
CorsaDriver17

Post by CorsaDriver17 »

My A/c is the same as yours, and there is no way to turn off the default auto-on. My dealer said they thought this was now standard, but it doesn't do it EVERY time.

They delayed release of these cars by nearly a year - wonder if there are issues with them? Do you have to engage your auto wipers every time you do a journey too?
traylenator

Post by traylenator »

I have to re-enable the auto-wipers every journey. Indeed it's annoying.
b789pilot

Post by b789pilot »

Agree re- auto wipers. They're not, technically, auto-wipers if you have to "activate" them in even though they are in the "auto" position. Just one of several niggles that have been highlighted on here.
Zoe_hamblet

Post by Zoe_hamblet »

CorsaDriver17 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 am Hi,

Has anyone seen any issues with the electrics in the Corsa-F? I have had my car a few weeks and have seen a lot of problems that are replicated on the courtesy car the dealership has given me while they investigate (don't know how they've not noticed them on their own car).

I've got:

A/C coming on nearly every time I start the car (annoying and no way to turn it off);
Blind spot indicator has never worked and I am on 70mph roads as well as city roads so it should have come on somewhere;
Auto-wipers have to be deactivated manually on startup to then be activated manually so that they will work during the drive (what's the point??);
Heated steering wheel isn't working properly;
Car went crazy when I exited and kept locking and unlocking - this is the one that's causing me the most concern to be honest.

It's not great craic that there seem to be daft issues that are impacting upon the functionality of the car, especially when I've driven other Vauxhalls with the same technology and this hasn't been how the same tech has functioned. If I buy a car with auto wipers, I expect them to automatically work if it rains, not to have to boost them manually to get them to work, for a start.
I’ve been experiencing issues not being unable to unlock the car.
Handbrake issues- it’s released but the car won’t move
Radio screen is blank when you turn on the car
Blind spot indicator not working
Didn’t even realise it was a heated steering wheel (not working)
A/c comes on all the time, I agree

Lots of issues and trying to return the vehicle as this is the replacement vehicle I’ve been given and more issues keep arising, only had it 3 months and it’s been in 3 times to be looked at for at least a week at a time.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post