2020 Corsa SE 1.2 radio cutting off

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
darionne96

Post by darionne96 »

I bought a brand new 2020 plate Corsa SE 1.2 from Arnold Clark at the end of July (31/7) and had to return it for a like for like car due to a fault with the radio which they said they couldn’t find therefore couldn’t fix. I have only had the new replacement car for 2 days and I am experiencing the same issue - the radio/Satnav system (electronic system in general) is intermittently cutting completely off as if it is totally shutting down and restarting - sound stops, screen goes black then restarts itself back up again with Vauxhall logo etc.

I don’t seem to be able to add the video footage that I have showing this however I have experienced the same issue in two totally new cars. Has anyone else had this same issue and could help? I plan to call the garage back tomorrow to try and sort something but it’s very strange the same fault is showing in two brand new cars of the same model.

paul04

Post by paul04 »

Had my corsa for 3 months, and not had a issue like yours with the radio, it does sound like a power supply problem, having read a few other forums, vauxhall are struggling to fix anything on these cars,
I know of stop/start problems (does not always work)
Heater vents won't open
Gearbox problems.
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

I've started having this issue on my Corsa e.

Almost had my car now for 2 months, and the stereo has restarted itself 6 times in total, 4 this week.

The pop as it comes back on is really annoying.

Carl,
hash67

Post by hash67 »

We had a March 2020 build and reg in july 2020, rejected in September 2020 and new replacement has arrived. Issue with radio was related to DAB constantly dropping and couldn’t upgrade Nav maps either.

The 2021 is so much better as a car to boot

Thanks
Bigcorsafan

Post by Bigcorsafan »

I just don't understand why the radio can't be turned off when you are driving and also just comes on when you start the car.seems the only time it switched on and off manually is when the engine isn't running.
Nikkim

Post by Nikkim »

I have a one year old corsa , electric screens go blank randomly. No warnings for this so I am unable to see my speedometer and fuel . I have updated the software but this has not prevented the issue . It does not come on for ages. The 1st gear is a nightmare sticks going into first sometimes reverse . Then setting off in 1st the car looses all power , it does not do it every time I’m driving . I have contacted the AA & dealer they cannot find any faults with the diagnostic . Vauxhall have advised they are not aware of any faults . Reading on here and speaking to other corse owners they are all having the same issue . I have made a complaint with Vauxhall as it is must be a manufacturing fault. All I advise is if you have any of these faults to raise a complaint with Vauxhall ,if there’s lots of people contacting then with the same issues. They will have to sort the problems.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post