bladesman83

Post by bladesman83 »

It was an older USB 2.
Good luck.
Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium, Peperoncino (Hot) Red
Mokka-e SE Nav, Jade White

b789pilot

Post by b789pilot »

Success... I had been trying to update using a generic 64Gb USB stick. After reading about you using a Toshiba 32Gb version I purchased one, loaded the stupidly large update v8.0.0 18Gb file onto it and went to try it. I got the usual "no data" message and then a few seconds later the eur-map update available. However, as soon as I selected it for update, it went straight to the list of maps available for upload. I just selected UK as I don't need the others and... voila!

I got bored waiting after about 10 minutes and left the engine on in the garage. I noticed that after I'd opened the car door, the system went from "Ready" to just the Acc mode. The update was still running so I just left it. When I came back about 30 min later, the car had gone onto shutdown energy saving mode. I switched on and checked the nav database and just UK updated map was there.

It was a USB hardware problem by the look of it. The car system either can't handle a USB greater than 32Gb or is a bit snobbish and only wants branded USB sticks. Either way, it does work and I'm about to let Vauxhall and the dealer know.

Once again, thanks bladesman83 for your patience. I hope this thread will help others who have had the same problem, including my Vauxhall dealership.
bladesman83

Post by bladesman83 »

Great news and you're welcome. Indeed, let's hope others having troubles find this thread.
ges7

Post by ges7 »

I have a SRI NAV,
I am also having trouble updating NAV database, I have copied update from the Vauxhall site and tried numerous USB sticks. When I plug into the car USB slot, message says unable to read USB, I have left it plugged not able to do the update. I'd appreciate any help.
On a different topic, have any other owners experienced the fuel gauge only reading 3/4 full, even after filling up? This has been an ongoing problem with my car for a long time, unable to resolve it. Thanks for any help.
PawCat

Post by PawCat »

bladesman83 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:35 pm Great news and you're welcome. Indeed, let's hope others having troubles find this thread.
Do I need to create a specific named folder on the USB stick and if so what is it called and what exactly do I copy into it......
bladesman83

Post by bladesman83 »

PawCat wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:17 pm
bladesman83 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:35 pm Great news and you're welcome. Indeed, let's hope others having troubles find this thread.
Do I need to create a specific named folder on the USB stick and if so what is it called and what exactly do I copy into it......
Hi There.
No, I didn't create any folder. I simply placed SWL and Updateinfo into the root of the USB drive.
PawCat

Post by PawCat »

bladesman83 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 pm
Hi There.
No, I didn't create any folder. I simply placed SWL and Updateinfo into the root of the USB drive.
Thank you...that has now worked for me...brilliant
bladesman83

Post by bladesman83 »

PawCat wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:02 pm
bladesman83 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi There.
Thank you...that has now worked for me...brilliant
That's great news. You're welcome.
PauliePaul

Post by PauliePaul »

I think the fact the USB is more than 32g is the problem. You can use bigger but need to format it FAT32, there is a guy on YouTube explains this and how to do it.
MikeOx

Post by MikeOx »

Has been a nightmare! Pretty sure mine failed like others in this form so I left it bricking the nav system when proceeded to randomly come back out of the blue fully updated!?

The downloads are big and slow, the USB transfer speed is slow, the garages seem to want to charge through the roof for software updates. I only wanted it as a backup to CarPlay, I rarely even use the maps (other than for petrol pricing in the area).

Waste of time!
1.2T (100BHP) SRI Premium NAV
POWER ORANGE (Petrol)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post