Auto headlights

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
Toto

Post by Toto »

Sometimes when I start the car the auto headlights aren't availble - ie the green headlight symbol with the 'A' on the dash is orange!, after a short period it seems to go green and the auto on/off/dip/main beam facility operates as it should- I can't see anything in the user manual about it, any ideas people?

pde04

Post by pde04 »

The A symbol on the headlight icon is for auto high beam, so when your in a dark area the high beam will come on automatically, you can turn this on/off within the menu settings on the radio (think you press the car symbol)
Toto

Post by Toto »

Thanks for your answer but I don't think you read my question fully - I know the A is for auto headlights but the symbol is orange not green and the auto function isn't available
SheltieChap

Post by SheltieChap »

I was driving tonight, both headlight icons green, was on A class roads, light traffic to begin with and as it got busy the auto full beam came on and off a couple of times then the lower of the headlight icons turned orange then after a while returned to green and auto full beam was working again? is this supposed to happen? Is this linked to the original question?
Cobra26

Post by Cobra26 »

After reading this I paid more attention and noticed the other night that the Auto headlight was green then turned amber when I pulled off the dual carriageway, coincidence I think as came back on green when in built up area i.e with streetlights.
Interesting one or just another gremlin to add to the list.
Sarahd124

Post by Sarahd124 »

I have also been having issues with the high beam assist light turning amber. The car starts and the A headlight image is green, after some time it turns amber and then seems to correct itself back to green. It doesn't seem to matter what sort of environment I am in or whether the assist has actually had to kick it. Returned my car to local dealer and they have changed the camera sensor for it, but the fault is still there. Shall be going bk to dealer again. Also had issues with stop/start never having worked in the 5 months of owning the car. Thankfully that has been fixed. Add this to an a/c at which the vents pumped out nothing but continuous hot air for some unknown reason. Disconnecting the battery fixed this. Such a shame as I love the car. Vauxhall need to try iron out these niggles.
Deadly

Post by Deadly »

Hi,

I noticed this on mine a few times also, and like al here I went looking for answers in the handbook to find none,
But I’ve finally found out it means the sensor responsible for the auto headlights is obstructed, from water or dirt etc,

Last time mine came up with the “orange A” it also flashed a message a few minutes later stating that the sensor was obstructed, I think it’s also just a bit of a fault sometimes because it comes up randomly and goes out without any real intervention, but I’m pretty sure that’s what it means

Hope this helps
mattski

Post by mattski »

I think this must be a design thing.
I had exactly the same issues when it was raining heavily in the past few days and auto headlights don't always activate or deactivate when in heavy rain
Toto

Post by Toto »

Many thanks for all your answers - think I'll chase the dealership again seeing as how I'm not the only one who has had issues, so they must have experience of complaints about this surely?
MikeOx

Post by MikeOx »

Maybe an issue with a sensor? Unsure on this one. Have you checked through the handbook?
1.2T (100BHP) SRI Premium NAV
POWER ORANGE (Petrol)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post