Range question - charging to 206 miles

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
jtw04

Post by jtw04 »

Hi everyone - first time poster

I have recently bought the new Corsa E largely on the back of the advertised 206 mile range . However I have never been able to actually charge the vehicle above 160 miles, even at public fast charge points.

Is there something I should know / do differently or is there an issue?

All ideas very welcome!
Thanks

gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

Because it's winter, range is impacted.

I run my car this morning with the interior set at 2 degrees below what I have been running and was surprised buy how much it affected consumption.

During warmer days when you don't need the heater, your range will increase.

Also, the speed you drive at and how hard you drive will affect the range.

The problem with the 206 mile range is that it's not a real world achievable range (Would require you to be driving slow, in ECO mode only, travelling down hill, with a tail wind), 140 - 180 is going to be more like the real range.

Carl,
nlittley

Post by nlittley »

I actually find the range estimator on the Vauxhall website quite accurate. https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/cars/new-corsa/electric.html
They suggest 45mph in normal mode with climate control off to get your 200+miles.

It's been averaging 5 degrees OAT recently, heaters on and 70mph commutes it's pretty accurate at 115 miles. I was getting 190miles on my counter in the summer.

Speed makes a huge difference - on some days I work in mid Wales and the commute is 60mph or less most of the 50mile trip each way. My range goes up a huge amount compared the my normal days 35miles each way at 70mph down the A55. (But is notably completely adequate for what I do either way)

One thing I have noticed is just having the fan set low, not auto mode (without aircon) will add 10-20 miles to the range counter by the end of the day. Turning off the fans altogether may save some heater cost but it opens the vents up to the outside world and starts blowing 5 degree air at me. Use your heated seats and steering wheel, wear a coat and hat and knock the temp down a degree or 2 it does make a difference. But also consider knocking 5mph off your speed. It probably only adds a couple of minutes to most peoples journey but it will save you a lot of electrons.

Best wishes,
Nathan
Corsa-e Elite Nav June 2020
Voltaic Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post