P0615: 13 Starter relay control Open circuit permanent

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
navedq

Post by navedq »

Hi All,

I am Nav and deal with all makes of cars. I have fixed faults for many car owners. I can't resolve the below error. Some background to the issue occurring is that the vehicle was in a front collision with airbags activated. The car also fails to move to neutral or any other gears from park. The car does not crank. I would think the car not starting and not moving gear are related. I have done some troubleshooting see below:

Trouble codes

Diagnostics time: 2023/10/08 14:02 Path: Automatic selection > Diagnosis > Auto scan > CMM_VD56 >
Trouble codes >
1. P0615:13 Starter relay control Open circuit
Permanent
2. P1A8D:13 Authorization line for restarting Open circuit
Permanent

Error.JPG

TROUBLE SHOOTING TO DATE:
1. Changed relay 1 and 2 for the starter relay circuit.
2. Checked wiring where damage occured and this has slight copper wire exposed but ,not broken.
3. Checked damage around fusebox and fairly okay
4. Checked the continuity on the wiring going from fusebox starter relay 1 and 2 to the ECU all giving me a buzz connection intact. Connection 51 fuse box relay 1 to ECU connection 68 and Fuse box relay 2 connection 38 to ECU 50.

5. Swapped starter relay out but no crank.
6. Positive 12volts current on the starter relay
7. Using a multimeter checked all fuses in the engine bay and under the glove box. Replaced damaged fuses.

I am thinking that the neutral switch could be damaged and if so where is it located? As on the old peugeot 207 they had a seperate component (neutral switch)on the gearbox that you changed. Anything I have missed then please let me know?