Front Windscreen Wipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

Hi guys whilst washing my New Corsa f this morning I found that I could not lift the drivers side Wiper Arm as was being fouled by the Bonnet? Obviously this has not been fitted correctly. Has anyone else had this problem from New?

Booked in with Vauxhall next Monday to investigate & hopefully to refit.

Derek
Corsa f 1.2 (100 PS) Elite Turbo 8 Speed Automatic
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )

nlittley

Post by nlittley »

Yeah it seems to be a design flaw.

I think you can lift it if you lift the bonnet first, it's just a bit of a silly way round. I ask a friend (read: long-suffering better half) to hold it whilst I clean under usually.

Add it to the niggles list - this car feels like a beta test sometimes. (I got to say i still love it though)

Best wishes
Nathan
Corsa-e Elite Nav June 2020
Voltaic Blue
Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

Thanks Nathan - did think of lifting the bonnet first but totally agree with you its a very poor design if this is what
your expected to do? This car certainly has got some character.

Be interested to see what VX will say on Monday, hopefully they will just need to lift wiper arm off & reposition again ?
sure on Corsa e few guys also had this problem in the early days?

Derek
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )
Jjj

Post by Jjj »

Hi if u look in manual there is a procedure to put wipers in a parked position at 12 o'clock on screen hope this helps
Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

Hi Jjj fantastic works for me and reason I love these forum sites as saves you having to deal with VX and hope this will
also help others in the future. Just cancelled my Monday appointment.
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )
Tel

Post by Tel »

On mine the passenger side parked to low on the shroud at the bottom. Just took of the nut cover undid the nut took the wiper arm off and moved it anticlockwise 3 splines replaced and tightened up nut and replaced nut cover. Should not have had to do this but saved 40 miles round trip and time.
Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

Thanks Tel, can we assume your "Drivers side" wiper blade is the same as ours and therefore normal for this model Corsa ?

Derek
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )
bladesman83

Post by bladesman83 »

Jjj wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:53 pm Hi if u look in manual there is a procedure to put wipers in a parked position at 12 o'clock on screen hope this helps
This is how to do it. My mk7 Golf has exactly the same issue of not being able to lift the wiper while it's down. They need to be put into the "service" position.
Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium, Peperoncino (Hot) Red
Mokka-e SE Nav, Jade White
Tel

Post by Tel »

Delboy_lee wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:01 am Thanks Tel, can we assume your "Drivers side" wiper blade is the same as ours and therefore normal for this model Corsa ?

Derek
Yes Derek still both drivers side and passenger side still hit the bonnet when down. So this must be normal for this model corsa. Apparently its to cause less serious injury upon accident with a pedestrian.
Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

Hi Tel - thanks for your confirmation reply just something else to get used too with this latest Corsa 👍
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post