I’m driving round with a lake in the car

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
nlittley

Post by nlittley »

Hi all,

Bit concerned to find a good inch of water in the boot underneath the emergency tyre inflation kit.

I’d recommend you have a look cos it doesn’t seem like a good thing to be in there. I can’t work out how it got there, can’t find any damp patches in any fabric parts - is it just condensation?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0u6qLda ... m_-_Helsby
Corsa-e Elite Nav June 2020
Voltaic Blue

Jjj

Post by Jjj »

From my earlier post check the two bumpers on boot lid are hitting against bangs above rear light cluster if the bumpers are not aligned to rest hit against the bung sweater gets in the bumpers are adjustable john
Jjj

Post by Jjj »

Meant bangs and water
Jjj

Post by Jjj »

Meant bungs and water
74bonnie

Post by 74bonnie »

My wife had the same issue. Car constantly damp and misting up. After trying to work out what was going on I found about 4 inches of water in the footwell.
I phoned Drive Vauxhall in Weston Super mare and - as the car was just out of warranty (by days) they said they would 'have a look' for many pounds per hour. I drilled a hole in the footwell, applied rust treatment to prevent corrosion but now have electrical problems from the moisture. The front nearside led indicator doesn't work. I cant find out why. I took off the side mirror - the indicator on the mirror does work, and water flowed out. The electrical connection is hand wrapped with insulation tape on a new car!

I was hesitant in buying a Vauxhall, but it has turned out to be everything I thought it would be - as has the support from the dealer. Cars and dealers that belong in the 1970's.

If anyone at Drive Vauxhall in Weston super Mare reads this please get in touch - billjeffrey@live.co.uk