"Charging interrupted"

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
MaxLaw

Post by MaxLaw »

Had this happen a few times now....

Had it happen at home on my podpoint charger, interrupted twice in one night this week, stayed charging on the 3rd attempt.
Happened at a public pod point charger as well.
Different cables at home and in public. Public charging cable is the one that came with the corsa.
Put it on public charge today and it just switched the charging off, and displayed "charge interrupted" again

Weather was cool, car hadn't been driven hard, or for a few hours when charging at home.

Add to that the unreliability of the MyVauxhall app and it's a bit of a guess charging some days.

Anyone else had issues?

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

This is why i wont have an electric car!!😬
MaxLaw

Post by MaxLaw »

If I'm with the car, I can just unplug and replug.
If not..... well it wouldn't get charged.

Going electric is a change of mindset, around keeping the battery topped rather than drive till the tank is almost empty then fill, but so far I am prefering the electric, although I have a short local commute.
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

I'd go back to Vauxhall and get them to investigate.

I've only had 1 failed charge in almost 6 months.

Also, with electric cars, avoid little top ups, let it run down before topping it up.

Little top ups will reduce the battery capacity quicker (worst than fast charging).

Carl,
Mo1965

Post by Mo1965 »

I have had this problem a few times now, the last being today. I have reported it to the salesman @ DriveVauxhall. This Corsa is only 2 weeks old!!
The other problem I have is that @ 100% full battery charge I only get 193 miles range although it is an improvement over the initial 188 miles.
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

Mo1965 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:47 pm The other problem I have is that @ 100% full battery charge I only get 193 miles range although it is an improvement over the initial 188 miles.
You may find that the range changes as it learns your driving style and previous usage.

Carl,
MaxLaw

Post by MaxLaw »

To get the 200+, needs to be in eco mode, fans off, no heated seats/wheel etc, no passangers and no luggage....
.....and about 55mph......