Active Emergency Brake ( AEB ) Problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

New Corsa F, Elite 1.2 Turbo, Automatic ? (Petrol)

Yesterday I had a problem whilst I was parking up as normal, the Active Emergency Brake (AEB) yellow warning light come up on the display?
( No Message Displayed )? and noticed also the “Foot Brake Pedal” had become very firm to press down. I managed to apply Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) & Automatic Parking Brake, left engine running and took a Photo of the fault light for future reference.

After switching ignition off and restarting as usual the Fault Light cleared & brake pedal was normal again. Have read on various Forums this is normal when the (AEB) has identified a fault with the system.

Earlier a few days ago I reported a failure of the (EPB) when trying to pull away from traffic lights but vehicle refused to move and appeared that
the Rear Disc Brakes had locked up and engine stalled whilst in heavy traffic. This was my first experience of this Failure, no warning messages or fault lights to indicate what had occurred. Put hazard lights and restarted vehicle with more issues and carried on with journey.

This failure re-occurred several days later whilst parking up, again no indication other that the Foot Brake Pedal was very Firm until restarting engine.

These earlier failures had been reported to local VX Dealer but no faults could be found and car returned to me after several days.

Have now informed Local Dealer of latest failure & car booked in again for Software Update on Wednesday so will see from there how we get on.

Has anybody else had this (AEB) problem with a New Corsa F, Elite 1.2 Turbo, Automatic ?

Derek
Corsa f 1.2 (100 PS) Elite Turbo 8 Speed Automatic
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )

Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

To hopefully close this issue, ECU Software update carried out on Wednesday and so far all appears to be
fine again.

Derek
Corsa f 1.2 (100 PS) Elite Turbo 8 Speed Automatic
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post