Random changing of screen language

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
PaulF

Post by PaulF »

I have a Corsa F SRi which every 200 miles or so changes the operating language on the infotainment display from English to Spanish and the speedometer reads in KM/Hr instead of MPH. I have taken it to a Vauxhall franchised dealer several times and they say it is a software error. They have checked that it has the latest version installed but it continues to display this problem. It is possible to go into settings and re set it back to English and it will run for a couple of weeks then change the settings back to Kilometres/ hr again all by itself.
Has any body else had this problem?
The dealer say they have come across it before and some customers have reported the display language reverting to French. I was informed that the next time it displays this error to arrange to have the vehicle looked at and not to change the language back to English myself via settings and data would then be sent to Vauxhall. This is entirely unsatisfactory. When the vehicle displays this fault miles from home you have no idea what speed you are going at and are in fact driving a vehicle with a defective speedometer which is an offence under the Road Traffic Act.
Vauxhall need to get a grip.

pde04

Post by pde04 »

Mine has only done this once in 16 months, but as you say not good if its happening all the time, hopefully vauxhall sort it out for you.
MikeHall

Post by MikeHall »

I have a 2021 plate corsa SE. Since new the dash and infotainment system has changed from English and Mph to Spanish and Kph. First couple of times I thought I’d done something myself unknowingly. Then I got wise to it doing it by itself. First few times it’s very frustrating as it involved looking at the manual and fiddling around with it. I’ve now got to take the car in to Vauxhall dealer for another issue so I decided to mention this problem as well. Came online to see if anyone else had a similar issue and they do. Which makes me feel a bit better and that it’s not just me. Hopefully dealership will at least be aware of the problem also and not just think I’m a nutter.
Wallpaper123

Post by Wallpaper123 »

My 2020 corsaF has done this twice in the time I have owned it
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi All . Just a thought the only time our corsa E has done this is when I mistakenly deleted by accident the profile set by wrongly touching the reset button on one of the main screens!
This meant that it reverted to Spanish and Klms etc!
I did this while driving as I wanted to keep my eyes on the road! I am not saying you did this but it is possible!
h2onorth
DJaye

Post by DJaye »

My Corsa 2020 SRI Prmium does the same thing - happened twice since I have owned it in around 18 months. FIrst time it was under warranty and Vauxhall fixed it, the second time I did it myself - random fault with a randomly faulting vehicle 🤦‍♀️

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post