Phone app showing incorrect mileage

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

For the last day or two, the mileage showing on the phone app is 3544 Ml, but the car speedo says 2226 which is correct.

The mileage left in the battery is also different on the phone.

The incorrect readings are still showing after running the car today and refreshing the app.

I see there is a screen to update the mileage, but surely I shouldn't need to do this?

Russell Darling

RDarling

Post by RDarling »

Further to the above, I have now "updated" the mileage, but it has changed from 3544 to 3585 when I had entered 2228!

The mileage left in the battery is still not correct on the app, although the charge percentage is correct at 100% after a day of charging.

Russell Darling
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

My phone app has magically changed overnight to show my updated mileage of 2228!

Battery mileage is still not correct.

Russell Darling
danielbanks82

Post by danielbanks82 »

my range did a strange thing the other day where the range went to KM and Miles.
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

Was that in the car or on the app.

And were you able to change it back to miles?
danielbanks82

Post by danielbanks82 »

afraid not, it's still doing it. AQuite a few of us on the FB owners page are having the same issue.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi all. I did find that the car itself showed kms both on distance and range if you selected option 2 or 3 profiles under the driver options!!!!! We never set this up but might be useful if you drive it abroad!!!!
My problem is not the app showing kms but journeys I have done are not shown on the app , that is the days outing (60mils) is not shown although the total mileage is correct. If you add the journeys together it does not total the distance the car has travelled, so where has the journey details gone.
Have asked vauxhall to help on this. I wondered if you selected a different profile did the car assume it was different driver thus did not show the miles travelled on your app. Is the App linked to the car or is it linked to a profile in the car; if you follow my logic!!
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi all. Update on the journey issues,not appearing on the app. I noticed that the car keeps asking to communicate with your phone when you get in the car if you do not plug it in ! If I am doing a short journey I do not usually plug in.
Unless you accept the invitation to communicate with the car the journey will not be recorded!!
Strange that the car needs to ask this question when your phone is already registered with the Bluetooth!!!
Anybody know the answer to this.
h2onorth
pde04

Post by pde04 »

To be honest, and to cut a long story short, the vauxhall app is very poor,
it connects when it feels like it,
some days it asks to connect to the car, other days it connects without asking,
I don't really bother with it any more, just too unreliable.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post