Central locking not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F

Do you have problems with your central locking system?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 3

cars247

Post by cars247 »

I have a corsa f 2020, premium which has 2 big problems.

If i was to sit in my car for about 5+ minutes after i’ve turned off the ignition, my central locking system is unresponsive and i then have to lock the car with the key manually.

The main problem is when I lock my car and leave from anywhere to 2-15mins and come back my car will not respond to the key at all and I then have to unlock the car with the key manually again. Which is so annoying as when i’m with someone else i have to unlock my door as I can’t unlock all doors then get in the car, put the key in and manually press the lock button.

I’ve changed the battery in the key multiple times so that’s not the issue, i’ve tried doing the 30sec sync of the key & taken it back to Vauxhall who said they didn’t find any issue.

Please any help is much appreciated.

Snoozer

Post by Snoozer »

Hi cars247,
My son had the same problem last weekend. If you have the key on you and try the boot opener this is an alternative to using the physical key. Once doing this the system resets and will work once again with the fob. But after around 5 mins or so it will then go back to a kind of sleep mode and not work again on the fob. If you disconnect the car battery and leave it for 10 mins or so then reconnect it you will most probably find it has reset the system and all is well again.
Clarkkj

Post by Clarkkj »

Did you ever get a resolution I too have the same problem
BomberB

Post by BomberB »

I've had the same problem since I changed the battery in both key fobs .
Changed the battery had to use key to open door fob then opens & locks doors . A little later key fob doesn't work & have to repeat process.
Am I missing something?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post