12v battery keeps dying electric corsa

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Zebrakat

Post by Zebrakat »

Hello
I have an almost 2 years old Corsa electric. I still have my warranty until it turns 2.
These last 2-3 months I’ve suddenly had issues with its 12V battery. 2,5 months ago its battery suddenly died. I got help from roadside assistance and drove it to where I get it serviced. They found that the battery was bad and replaced it for me.
3 weeks later the new battery was dead. I again got help from roadside assistance and got it checked over at the workshop. They said there was no issues with the battery and during the few hours they had it they checked whether anything drained the battery and there wasn’t anything so ‘it was probably my at home charger or cable’. I’ve had no issues with this charger or cable otherwise and from talking to an electrician I should see other errors and issues if it was down to the charger or cable.

I’ve since been trying to limit the time when the car is plugged in as I’ve heard that could have a negative effect and the first two times the battery died, it was after the car being plugged in for more than 24 hours (not charging).

It seemed like it might be working at first but then around 4 weeks after the second time it died again this last Sunday. I got it woken up with help again and am waiting for the workshop to have an available time. Now, thursday, it died again after only around 15 hours plugged in. If it has something to do with the car being plugged into the charger, I could maybe live with having to keep it unplugged and go out to plug it in and out whenever I need charging during a weekend etc. but if I can’t plug it in in the late afternoon/evening and then have the car working in the morning then it is becoming unusable.

Have you experienced anything like this or heard of anyone experiencing anything like this?

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi Zebrakat.
EV forums are littered with 12 volt battery problems as I am sure you are aware. So far after 1 year we have had no problems with the 12volt but I do not leave our Zappi charger connected un less
I am about to charge or will unplug it after stopping charging unless we are out elsewhere!
what charger are u talking about and have you discussed this with the manufacturer of that charger?
h2onorth

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post