Cabin fans not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
itom150

Post by itom150 »

Hi everyone,

I have an electric corsa 2020 that is out of warranty now. I’ve had an intermittent problem where if the car has been stood for a week or so like when go on holiday when come back the cabin fans don’t spin to blow any air. This is regardless of whether auto or turn fans up manually, temperature high or low, air con on or off or use windscreen de mist.

At first I thought it was just because it had been stood a few days and after a longer drive came back on which led me to believe it was some sort of battery low and driving charged up the ancillary battery and it would work again but it has now been four days and several drives.

The air con pump is working as there is a trickle of cold air and all the lights and such suggest it’s working it’s just the fans don’t spin!

Any ideas?

MSXWARRIOR

Post by MSXWARRIOR »

Hiya not sure why the coincidence but my 1.2 Elite Nav Premium (2020) has today done the exact same thing. Did a long journey and all fine, started car the next day and no blowers but all displays for climate control seemed to be ok but not blowing air hot or cold. I’ve only just bought the car 2nd hand and the dealership will take car in for a look next week. I’m hoping it’s something simple like a fuse but doesn’t build confidence.
Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

Hi if fault is same as I reported earlier VX dealer changed control board under warranty car was away for 3 days waiting parts etc. Hope you get yours fixed ok. My Corsa F 2021 Auto Elite is 3 years old in February 2024 and seems like a common problem. I had already purchased an extended warranty for 2024/5.

Derek
Corsa f 1.2 (100 PS) Elite Turbo 8 Speed Automatic
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )
MSXWARRIOR

Post by MSXWARRIOR »

Oddly my blowers started working again the following day, and so far behaving normally. Intermittent issues never seem to bode well though.
Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

Thanks for update & pleased all working again for you just another Corsa F mystery failure ?

Derek
Corsa f 1.2 (100 PS) Elite Turbo 8 Speed Automatic
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )
mattski

Post by mattski »

mine failed 4 months ago.... yes that is how long it took to fix it... my warranty expired in July so I got very lucky

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post