Oil pressure fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Fiona1053

Post by Fiona1053 »

Car went into garage this morning and was told that there is now a recall on it for a software update to fix the oil pressure sensor fault.

Update: turns out this us not what the recall is for!!

Banffboy98

Post by Banffboy98 »

Just had a similar issue with my 2022 1.2l Elite Edition. I was going down an incline, got to a junction went into first gear and the Engine Oil Pressure warning illuminated and car went into limp mode. After leaving it turned off for five minutes the warning had disappeared on restart. The issue never arose until the next day when on the exact same circumstances (decline hill, junction and into first gear) the warning illuminated again. I stopped checked the oil which was more than half on the dip stick. Like previously the warning was gone again and there was no issues until i got to a roundabout and when going into first gear again the warning illuminated and into limp mode

After this i just got the car recovered and awaiting Arnold Clark Vauxhall to check the car. There are no oil leaks, the level is still over half on the stick. There were no strange noises coming from engine either.

When i spoke to Arnold Clark they said they have had a lot of this fault with the Corsas but never said what it was.

For reference ive only done 14000 miles which is mainly short distance to and from work , the car isn't two years old until May 2024

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post