Windscreen Wiper Problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Mark2020

Post by Mark2020 »

Corsa 1.2 SE 2020
Over the last few weeks I've had a problem with my front windscreen wipers. My car has manual wipers, not those that automatically detect rain on the windscreen. When I use the wipers in the normal speed position they're fine whilst the car is moving, but when I come to a halt, say at a junction, or at traffic lights, they switch to intermittent mode. Once I pull away and start moving again they go back to normal speed. I've found that if I momentarily switch to high speed mode whilst stationary, then back to normal speed, it can sort out the problem, but it always returns once the engine has been turned off. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I was wondering if it's a 'feature' that I've turned on accidentally, but I can't find anything about this in the manual. One thing I noticed around the time that the problem started was that the car kept going into ECO mode, I assume to protect the battery. I've read that this turns off all non-essential electrical devices, but I would have thought that the wipers were pretty essential. Anyway, I haven't noticed ECO mode being activated for several weeks now and the problem with the wipers still persists. I'd be grateful for any views/comments on this issue.

Haggis

Post by Haggis »

Normal for the window wipers to stop when waiting at lights, auto wipers, there are different wipe settings on arm of wheel, try moving to intermittent that you like.
MikeOx

Post by MikeOx »

The "ECO" mode is your stop/start kicking in, whilst in ECO mode some things are disabled to prevent excessive battery drain whilst your alternator isn't turning.

Regarding the wipers, I recall this being an issue at the start, as I remember specifically always playing with the wiper settings and reading the manual, but this doesn't seem to happen much anymore; I just set it and leave it.

One thing I do notice is that the auto wiper option has to be re-activated every time the car has been off for a prolonger period of time, despite the stalk being in the same position as it was when it was on. This requires me to have to pull it down then re-set it back to the auto; strange behaviour considering this isn't done with the lights, they both work off sensors!
1.2T (100BHP) SRI Premium NAV
POWER ORANGE (Petrol)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post