About to be a Corsa E owner and have a couple of questions.

New to the Vauxhall Corsa F Forums? Introduce yourself here
Corsanewbie

Post by Corsanewbie »

Hi there

I have just ordered a new Corsa E and I'm looking forward to it's arrival and keeping up with things on this forum in future.

However, I have the option of a free wall charger or tons of free miles from public charger thrown in with my new car and I don't know which to go for.

Now, I already have a Tesla at home, along with a Tesla Home Wall Charger.

Would this charge my new Corsa E?

Both the Tesla and the Corsa E have a type 2 charger, so I would have thought so. The only cause for pause is that, on ZapMap, a Tesla type 2 and the Type 2 Mennekes are categorised as different types.

The other info that makes me think it will do it is this https://rightcharge.co.uk/charger/tesla-wall-connector/ and that, in the EU, the tesla, up until recently had a different charger than the US one.

That said, even if it did charge my Corsa E, would there be any features that I would not be able to access if i used the tesla charger that might be limited to another form of charger?

Thanks in advance.

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi Corsanewbie.
I assume your Tesla charger has tethered type 2 connector or you have access to adapter for type 2, if so no problem.
My understanding is that only SOME Tesla public chargers allow non Tesla's to charge there as, as I am sure you are aware the charger communicates with the car and ID's it as a Tesla and ownership etc/
Hope that helps

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post