Corsa SRI Keyless entry/Start engine not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
G6gwe

Post by G6gwe »

Corsa SRI Premium 2020.

Keyless entry/ start engine has been working fine all day until this afternoon.

Out of the blue keyless entry doesn’t work (will open with key fob) and I when I try to start the engine I get a yellow message stating key not detected.

I’ve replaced the key fob battery but it’s still the same.

Can the keyless Start push button be over ridden or reset in any way?

Many thanks

gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

RTM.

There is a slot to the side of the steering column, put the key there when pressing the start button:

KeylessEntry.png

Carl,
G6gwe

Post by G6gwe »

Thanks Carl, you’re a star! I can now drive the car to Vauxhall tomorrow morning to get the key re synced 👍👍 Hopefully they won’t charge the earth 😂
DJaye

Post by DJaye »

Did you get your Key recoded and if so, did it work and how much did they charge? I have the same issue; local dealer 'reprogrammed' key last week but it did not work the next day. They are now saying that I need a new key and it will also have to be recoded - but they will waive the recoding cost due to it not working last week, so I will just have to pay £243.00 for the new key! Ridiculous! I have a spare key that does work so I have said no and requested a refund on the recoding that did not work last week.

If I buy a new key, I am concerned that the new key and my working spare key will not sync and I will end up with more problems than I started with!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post