New car fault

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
Skintdad

Post by Skintdad »

Just had a new corsa nav premium delivered a couple of weeks ago. Its on the 17 inch alloys. From new the car has had a “rumble” from the front nearside wheel. Put the car on stands and into gear and am getting a knock on the spring on the passenger side making me think wheel bearing. It seems to be about once per revolution. Had car back into local dealers who said no fault, and to be honest were particularly not interested in investigating and said i should go to another dealer. I took the car round to ATS who road tested and then checked the wheels. They confirmed the fault and advised to deal through vauxhall as it should be a warranty issue. Call another vauxhall dealer to be told they have no mechanics due to pandemic and referred me to yet another dealer. They wanted to charge £95 to investigate. I then contacted vauxhall customer services who have gave me a case reference and have been told once they review the case they will probably send out a voucher for the investigation in 2-5 days. Its a lease car so I cant just go back to the suppling dealer.
So a few things.....i had a test drive in a similar spec car but not with the 17 inch wheels, does anyone else have these and do they notice any rumble or vibration? If anyone else is asked to pay for an investigation for a fault its worth trying vauxhall customer services and asking for a voucher to cover the cost. Anyone else having similar rumble/vibration issues? Lastly ive found the customer service at the service department of my local dealer to be terrible.....my other car is a landrover and I have to say the service there has been fantastic in comparison.

If anyone has any other ideas or similar experience let me know.

M

jtaylor69

Post by jtaylor69 »

Getting vibrations on mine to the point I'm feeling nauseous. Even worse as my other half is car sick as it is.

I've also noticed it thuds between 2nd and 3rd gear (auto), but not always. I did get a gearbox fault show on the screen.
Disappointing as only covered nearly 800 miles ...
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Picked up my new corsa this month very happy with it, but i noticed that the drivers door isnt flush at the bottom, so took back to vauxhall we looked at 2 other corsa's and the drivers door on them are the same. Vauxhall wont do anything. Is everyone's on here the same if you have noticed it???
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

My rear doors stick out at the bottoms, :-(

Carl,
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Really Carl? Its just my drivers door which is like it, vauxhall seem to think this is ok as the inside of the car isnt getting wet or damp🤔
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

Kirsty wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:23 am Really Carl? Its just my drivers door which is like it, vauxhall seem to think this is ok as the inside of the car isnt getting wet or damp🤔
Will have to get a pic (once car has been cleaned, lol).

Carl,
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Yes please do, ill get one of mine too. I think it must be a design fault as the other ones on forcourt were the same!!
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

Picture of my rear door sticking out.

20210402_175821.jpg

Carl,

P.S. Just washed and polished, sparkle sparkle.. :-)
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Oh god it does dont it😬 its right is it?? Iv got to take mine back again on tuesday so they can take some pics to send to vauxhall but im not holding out much hope, iv had a body workshop look at it and they said its not right, think the door may just need losening and aligning again!!

Kirsty

3CDE4793-D476-463B-957E-39C8351FA44D.jpeg

0BA701C1-E8CA-4C6F-8AD9-E81D03432B48.jpeg

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Sorry mines not as clean😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post