Electric Handbrake - Repeatedly Stuck On

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
PaulADI

Post by PaulADI »

Hi All,

New to the forum and have an issue with my 69 plate Corsa 1.5 Diesel (102 hp).

My parking brake is repeatedly getting stuck. I have been to the main dealer with the issue. Initially, they replaced one caliper, and said the fault was fixed. When I collected the car, I started it up and the handbrake was stuck on and I could not drive it away. They then said it was an issue with the wiring loom, which they replaced. It then worked for a while.

The issue happened again a couple of months later - I had an overall poor experience with the main dealer so took the car to a trusted local garage to repair. They replaced both calipers, and the brake worked for 2 weeks, until getting stuck again. They collected the car and said that one of the calipers was faulty. They replaced it and it worked again for a week. I now have the same issue again.

When the issue happens, lots of warning lights show on the dash. I am posting this on behalf of my dad, so will find out exactly what lights are showing on the dash when I get to the car this evening. He is a driving instructor and at his wits end as he is not able to work - the fault happened to him just as a pupil was about to take his text, right outside the local test centre.

The garage now said it may be a computer module causing the issue, but we are not confident they are correctly diagnosing the problem, as they seem to have just been guessing previously.

Hoping somebody might be able to shed some light on what is causing the issue. Ideally he does not want to get rid of the car as he has recently had to pay £4,000 for a full engine rebuild, which the local garage attributed to the main dealership (where it was always serviced on time) using the wrong oil in the car. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wondering if there may be some sort of procedure to reset the handbrake so he can at least collect the car and get it home.

Thanks,

Mark

MSXWARRIOR

Post by MSXWARRIOR »

Hiya,

Sounds like a right nightmare and TBH given the oddities I’ve had with my 2020 corsa probably tempting the same fate in the near future.

Afraid short of a quick search on other Vauxhall forums can only point you at an article to review but afraid I’m not technical enough to say whether it applies to a corsa.

https://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk ... et.892212/

HTH though !

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post