Corsa-e key fob locking issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

DRSanderson wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:46 am
gowron492 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 pm
DRSanderson wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:55 am liaising with the factory in France
France? Are you sure?

I'm under the impression that they are made in Zaragoza, Spain.

Carl,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Corsa#Corsa_F_(2019)
Not sure, does it really matter where it is made? I am just relaying information provided to me my Vauxhall to help the forum with others that are experiencing these issues. Maybe they are referring to technical support from PSA in France.
No no, it doesn't matter.

Always nice to see people helping others on forums.

:-)

Carl,

Zoe_hamblet

Post by Zoe_hamblet »

Hi,

I bought my car in September 2020 (70plate) had numerous issues with it since buying. First car I was given had a engine management fault and was replaced through a rejection of the original car, second car I have also been experiencing these locking issues.

I wish I had rejected the first car and ended my time with Vauxhall, as I am stressed to the max.

Vauxhall customer service and Vauxhall ormskirk have been trying to find out what’s causing it.

Other issues keep happening such as the car not being able to move once the handbrake is released.

I am looking to reject this vehicle and return it to Vauxhall as I am fed up now. It’s been ongoing for months.

They keep telling me that all the issues experienced are ‘design characteristics’ of the car I.e features, yet it’s causing the car to not to be fit for purpose. I don’t know what design means you can’t enter your vehicle or move it off your drive !!!
Zoe_hamblet

Post by Zoe_hamblet »

Hondaracer wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:45 am Hi Corsa f-e owners. Yes i've had the same key fob problem with my 70 reg Corsa f-e Elite Nav. My dealer said there was no problem when they collected it and brought it back, however its behaved itself since then. I do have another problem that's cropped up though. I live in Lincolnshire and after a drive to Conningsby to check out the Typhoons at the RAF base I noticed whilst driving that the Sat Nav and drivers Info screen went blank but the car was still ok driving it, after what seemed like ages but it was seconds the screen came back on but informed me that no profile was set!! There were 2 profiles set before that but I had to set a profile in and set things up. I rang Vauxhall who had not heard of the problem before and gave me an incident number, I than had to ring my dealer and still after 2 days I haven't had a reply from them as to when I can take it in for checking/repair.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Yes! I have problems unlocking the car and also problems with the screen being blank, I sent a video into my dealership of both issues and they are saying there is a software update to do but I don’t honestly believe them. They’ve told me there was a recall and the recall was for something completely different (airbag studs) to what I was experiencing, it’s real annoying.

I can’t drive or open my car properly and the handbrake is also causing me issues now, it’s as if it’s still applied and makes a horrible crunching sound when you do try to reverse or go forward. Somethings not right, I would like to return the car. It’s currently with the financial ombudsman, I’m just hoping they uphold my complaint as I’ve given the dealership ample time to fix it and still not fixed. (Even though under consumer rights act, I didn’t have to do this)

Oh and by the way, mines not the electric version just the petrol version of the elite nav premium
Last edited by Zoe_hamblet on Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DRSanderson

Post by DRSanderson »

DRSanderson wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:55 am My wife has an SRi Premium with keyless entry and we have been experiencing this intermittent problem since June 2020. After taking the vehicle on numerous occasion to our local main dealer, whereby they have been liaising with the factory in France, they have now recommended that the locks and locking module are to be changed. These parts are on order, due to be fitted some point hopefully this month, so will update the forum if this fixes the issue. If anyone is having difficulty with their dealership acknowledging the problem, I definitely would recommend taking a video of the fault as it tends to be very intermittent. Luckily it also happened when at the dealership, so they also took a second video. Vauxhall have also established that this is now becoming a common fault on all models with keyless!
Update......So we had a whole new keyless entry system fitted, including two new keys as advised by the factory of which our local Pentagon Vauxhall completed the work a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, this has STILL not fixed the intermittent unlocking issue! Due to contact dealership again in due course with an updated video of the issue.

Has anyone else managed to find out what is causing the problem? Vauxhall appear to be scratching around in the dark in my opinion!
Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

Hi Guys thought I had similar problems with New Corsa f Key Fob but turned out I had not closed the Boot Lid properly Phew ??.
On handover was only given 1 Remote Locking and ! manual Key and with these remote locking issues will have to try and source anther spare cost about £250 fully programmed Ouch??

Derek
Corsa f 1.2 (100 PS) Elite Turbo 8 Speed Automatic
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )
Hondaracer

Post by Hondaracer »

I found that even though my car was locked and the keys in the house I could still touch the two bars on drives handle and unlock the car. So anyone can get into my car without the key!!! I read an article about shielding the keys in a pouch, so I bought a couple off Amazon that shield the keys and bingo not only does it cure the above issue but I have not had the problem with the fob not working ever since!!
Another problem is updating the say Nav using the Vauxhall updated, it worked last update but fails to download the new map data and informs me I have an issue with connectivity. Just what we want after paying £30000 plus for rubbish apps.
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Hi All,
Just picked up my Elite Nav e this afternoon and i can't lock it.Press the button on the key,the locks sound as if they are working,but the doors remain open,then the alarm goes off.Is it me?
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

Could be that the boot isn't closed properly..

Find mine sometimes locks then un-locks. Re-closing the boot seams to fix it.

Carl,
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Thanks for reply.I've noticed the hazard's don't flash,trying to read up on the handbook for clues. Wondering if i've got a dodgy lock somewhere,a great start.Back to the dealers in the morning by the looks.
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Got to the dealers and you can guess the rest.Tried it before i went in,so at least i didn't look an idiot in front of any of the staff.gowron492,it did come up on the display that the boot wasn't shut properly when i got in this morning,so gave it a slam,coincidence?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post