Charging problem

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Put the car on charge the other night and noticed that it hadn't . Thinking it was me,it done it gain the following night. Found that if you put it on charge timed or plug-in, it goes off after around 20 mins. fault light comes on.
You can keep putting it back on charge, but again, will time out at around 20 mins. Contacted BP, will post the outcome in case anyone else has the same problem in the future. I have tried a re-set.

MaxLaw

Post by MaxLaw »

I had a similar problem.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=134

Seems to have stopped occuring, but watching with interest.......
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Finally working again, after three phone calls and two weeks waiting. Tried a couple of re-sets, they've done something their end but no info on what.Complete mystery, may even happen again.
The only advice i can offer is, if you phone about a problem, they should give you two numbers.These relate to your call and to quote in future calls if he fault is not rectified. The first operator did not ,this meant 4 wasted days as the fault was not logged
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Same fault back again. Just for the record, as you can see, i first reported this on the 17th June. If they hadn't managed to fix this remotely, the engineer couldn't come out until 26th July.
My nearest public charger is 10 miles away, think i'll go back to Diesel.
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Replacement charger fitted yesterday, hopefully problem solved. Told it was not a problem they had experienced, but no argument changing it.
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Charger has thrown in the towel again, this time all the lights are out.
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Still no reply after numerous phone calls. Charger just shuts down, spent 1hr 10mins the other night re-setting it. More chance of seeing the Pope than seeing someone from BP.
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Third charger now fitted. New version gets rid of the black box of tricks that sat in the meter cupboard, so hopefully less to go wrong.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post