Corsa-e software update (recall)

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
bladesman83

Post by bladesman83 »

Good evening all.
My Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium went in for a 3 hour software update under recall. It was in there for 6 days as they bricked the car, but that's a story for another time.
They didn't know what the update provided, but I have noticed 2 changes I wish to share with you.
The remaining mileage has become more intricate, specific even. The Corsa jumped in 7 mile chunks but is now more dynamic and will change in 1, 2, 3 mile increments etc. Much like my Mokka-e.
Keyless entry appears to have had a major upgrade. My car now unlocks upon approach, no need to touch the handle on either door or boot. It also locks when walking away.
Other than this, I haven't noticed any other changes. I was really hoping the auto wipers would stay active after a power cycle, again like my Mokka-e, but alas, they still need activating each start.

Regards,
David.
Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium, Peperoncino (Hot) Red
Mokka-e SE Nav, Jade White

danielbanks82

Post by danielbanks82 »

Good to know. Waiting until the first service in May when I ask they do mine.
MaxLaw

Post by MaxLaw »

Put mine in for it's 1st year service - more to get rid of the prompt on the dash than anything else.
Dealers mentioned a recall, which took them 4 hours! Good job I didn't just sit and wait for it!
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

My dealer couldn't do the software update as their broadband was not up to it!
bladesman83

Post by bladesman83 »

MaxLaw wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:06 pm Put mine in for it's 1st year service - more to get rid of the prompt on the dash than anything else.
Dealers mentioned a recall, which took them 4 hours! Good job I didn't just sit and wait for it!
I know it's a late response, but it's a service every 2 years on these. Bristol street motors tried to get mine in after 12 months and I argued the toss. They ended up confirming with VX that it's a 2 year cycle.
Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium, Peperoncino (Hot) Red
Mokka-e SE Nav, Jade White
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

Interesting comment about the first year service (or not) as I had the same conversation last September, but the service did away with the prompt.

It will be due again this September.

Of note is that I am still not able to have the upgrade and recalls done due to the dealer's lack of broadband reliability.
PauliePaul

Post by PauliePaul »

How can I tell if mines been done ? Is there a version of software anywhere?
CorsaGrey2022

Post by CorsaGrey2022 »

The wipers should stay on auto when the stalk is in the auto position. Unlike a Peugeot it is an actual position on the stalk and not an electronic switch. The only time they won’t stay on auto is when it is below freezing. This is to stop it from damaging the motor and wipers. It’s a safety feature. To turn it back on to auto turn the wipers off and back on to auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post