Tyres

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

About 6 weeks ago i had the front tyres changed on my son's Motability car, corsa e. I booked it in again yesterday to have the rears changed. Noticed that the N/S was worn more than the O/S, quite noticable.
Waited at Kwikfit, only to be told the front tyres were the incorrect ones, not for the e. Think it was only due to the fact the front ones are checked regardless, that the matter arose. I'll take it that since it was the same bloke in the office that i dealt with first time, had he ordered the correct ones for the rear? Could i have ended up with all four being incorrect?
If you have an e, just mention it, as you may be in a position that i was. All 4 tyres now correct.

Cobra26

Post by Cobra26 »

Just to get a better understanding, what exactly was the difference between the correct tyres and the wrong ones?. Different size, loading or rating. Don't have the Corsa-e but still curious what the difference was and why the Corsa-e requires a certain type of tyre.
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

Heavy batteries?

Russell Darling
davesd1

Post by davesd1 »

Because of the extra weight. The bloke at Kwikfit actually showed me the tyres that were listed for electric. At the time i was in there a woman came in with a puncture on her electric Jaguar ipace. After they replaced it she decided to check if it was the correct one, asked the bloke if he could take it off again if it wasn't, he looked well chuffed. Anyway, she had it in the end at £350.
Like i said, just check they have noted it's an e.
Cobra26

Post by Cobra26 »

Interesting reading on that. Never really thought about that. Weight, Torque and rolling resistance etc. Not too much difference on price but must limit availablity and choice. Wonder if fitted to petrol car the fuel economy would benefit, after all the rolling resistance is better and most are A/B classified.
mattski

Post by mattski »

If it’s electric corsa then all you need is a XL tyre to manage weight.
Tyre brand and spec otherwise are irrelevant and it’s up to you if you want to spend money on better tyre
I have 17 inch wheels
I’ve had Hankook evo 3 (k127) installed and all is good
They are A/A rated.
Original tyres which are primacy 4 s1 are I believe A/B rated but in all honesty I’m looking more at efficiency and how quiet they are