Corsa e Anniversary

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi new member. Car is new so so far early days
1st comments , relatively thirsty compared to Hyundai / Kia models considering how small the Corsa is. No journey under 3 kWh per mile yet, disappointing
Phone app appears to have lost a days trip of 60 miles and although it shows on cars trip meter , it does not show on the phone app journey by date list. Message says need to travel 200 miles to populate screen, well we are well over that!
Have sent email to vauxhall assist but don't expect an answer
Seats are not comfortable for taller passengers over journeys 2hrs or more .
I find the ride ok on smooth roads but on rural uneven roads the suspension has such limited vertical movement that you feel every arrested undulation as a abrupt motion, rather than a smoothly controlled motion; I know the battery is heavy but I have driven 4 or 5 other electric cars and did not find this abruptness on those.
I never thought we would see Vauxhall beaten by MG but it has been knocked out in first round.
Thankfully this is a second car for short electric only trips.
Sorry interested buyers but I cannot see this selling as well against the competition and recommend you definitely take advantage of the 48hr test drive to make sure is what you want !.

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Update on 11.10.22
disappointing no light in rear of car how mean is that!!
Found a way to leave auto handbrake off when parked in garage or elsewhere if away for few days, but still leaves it in PARK mode as far as safety id concerned so handbrake will not bind open if wheels are wet/ rusty!!
When will manufacturers learn that rear cameras particularly need a method to protect them from road dust/ dirty so they are useable even in witer, its not rocket science afterall;.
Electric cars MUST have pocket or cubby-hole to store the charging cable its not asking too much surely!!!
These designers get paid mega money so why not earn it!!
h2onorth

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post