My Vauxhall App not Working???

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Evening All. Recently found I had to re sign in on the app last 2 days despite not logging out on either occasion ( My phone has facial recognition anyway and this did work until recently on the My Vauxhall app too) Now I cannot log in just says 'sorry technical error' each time.
Anyone else had this problem recently.
The other problem is I am unable to load past journeys back in to the app (CSV files) as although the files are on my phone the app does not seem to recognise them
Any suggestions?
h2onorth

NicoleMor

Post by NicoleMor »

Hi, I’m getting the same error. It was the 30th I noticed it on mine & I still haven’t been able to log on since.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hell NicoleMor.
I have had contact with Vauxhall help and they have tried to contact me but on all occasions I was engaged; when I call back the person dealing with my query was not available.
I have solved one part of my query however; I uninstalled the app completely then reinstalled it and logged in afresh and the app appears to be working again BUT;
I am still unable to reload the CSV files I previously saved on my phone. The files are there but greyed out and there also does not seem to be an icon on the app where you might reload the files! I have an iPhone 13 so that should not have any problems with the technology surely!!
I was hoping to find out the proper procedure for reloading the journe=y history since it is mentioned in the app notes but NOT how to do it!!
One other point about journey records. It seems you need to ensure that your phone is synced with the car before you drive off otherwise the journey is not recorded. Now if your bluetooth is already on your phone, the car will connect automatically but this does not ensure that your journey is recorded and I am not sure why.
Where the car has a wireless charging mat the phone does not need plugging in by wire so does the journey get recorded or only if the phone is connected by cable!!
Surely someone knows the correct setup!
\h2onorth
Newfluffyrabbit

Post by Newfluffyrabbit »

I have the same issue, I've not been able to log in all week. I only really use the app to check my charge when on a destination charger sonits not left blocking a charger when it's got enough for my needs. Now I can't log in at all so it's really inconvenient.
I'm worried to uninstall but will try it.
There must be a tech issue though
petert

Post by petert »

Try going to the App Store and doing an update on the app, there is no need to uninstall and reinstall. I did this last weekend and the app started working again. Well I say working, as it still losses the odd journey.
petert

Post by petert »

Looks like there is a new update to the app (about 4 days ago). It now show's when it has missing data/trip. This update is still not totally reliable as the four journeys of approx 8 miles each I made today only two were recorded. The second journey coming back from the shops and the third going to visit friends. Still at least its now telling us it has missed journey data.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post