myvauxhall app unable to import journey csv files on IOS

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi All, anyone know the answer to this since Vauxhall help and Assistance so far have not got an answer.
If you need to uninstall and reinstall the app or transfer over to another phone you must EXPORT your journey history first or you will lose for ever.
Once the app is reinstalled onto the existing or new phone you should be able to reload the journey history again IN THEORY.
For me the EXPORT part was easy and the file shows as a .csv file in the folder where you saved it to or downloaded it to.
When I tried to reinstall the same file myvauxhall-trips-xx-xx-2022.csv errors occurred.
One error was that the map appeared in the myvauxhall app with insert box saying' It is not possible to view the shared content'
The other attempts to load the .cvs file I saw a brief image of the map in the myvauxhall app but no data was available to look at afterwards.
The other problem is that I use IOS (iPhone ) operating system and most of the time the .csv files are greyed out in the folder where the csv file is stored WHEN
I try to load it in the app.
Strangely enough the file can be opened if you just click on it and it looks like a typical excel layout type document with columns for time , date departure, arrival, journey time, address of location, mileage, consumption data, etc..
My question to all you software/ programmers is whether its the IOS software causing the problem or is it the app itself?
Surely some of you MUST have tried this export/ import action and if so did it work and if so are you on Android or IOS system
Really like to hear from you
See below PNG file IOS hope you can view it I should have converted it to jpg

IMG_2879.PNG